Two words: Eyeball Sangria. Delicious. Frightful. And pure spooktacular. This is the most PERFECT Halloween cocktail. Not to mention, it’s EASY! The ideal party pleaser.
- Lychee fruit
- Bottled or Homemade (recipe below for homemade.)
- Dry ice pellets
For the eyeballs simply place one blackberry in a lychee fruit.
Place ‘eyeballs’ in clear glass, then, drop one dry ice pellet. Make sure the dry eye goes to the BOTTOM of the cup, this is for safety reasons. LAST, pour in sangria. If you pour in the sangria before you add the dry ice, your drink may bubble over.
- 1 Bottle of Red Wine
- 1 Bottle of White Wine
- 1/2 c. Orange Vodka
- 1/2 c. Pineapple Vodka
- 1 c. Homemade Simple Sugar
- The juice of 2 lemons
- The juice of 2 limes
- Apples, grapes, pineapples, oranges
- Make your simple sugar by boiling equal parts water and sugar. I typically do a cup of water and a cup of sugar. Boil until sugar is completely dissolved. Let cool.
- In a large pitcher, pour both red and white wine of your choice. I have found that Trader Joe’s, ‘2 Buck Chuck’, works perfect for this sangria.
- Add orange and pineapple vodka of your choice to wine mixture.
- Add 1 cup of homemade simple syrup.
- Add both the lemon and lime juices.
- Chop up fruit to your liking and add to sangria.